Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Recipe Swap Wednesday: Easy Comfort Food



On the weekends, I love to experiment in the kitchen. Weeknights are a little harder so I prefer to make easier dishes. My friend Jannae gave me this recipe a few years ago and it is seriously one of my favorites. This is now my family's go-to recipe for comfort food and t's at the top of our list for 3 reasons:
  1. It's easy to make (only 4ish inexpensive ingredients).
  2. It is SO yummy.
  3. It's Weight Watchers friendly
Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the 98% fat free)
1 16oz container of sour cream (I use the fat free or the reduced fat)
1 packet onion soup mix

Directions:

Put the chicken breasts (frozen is fine, seriously) in the crock pot. Mix the other 3 ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for around 8 hours... you can usually give or take an hour in the crock pot- I've gone everywhere from 6-10 hours on this one.

The chicken will have shredded itself while cooking and turned into this chicken stroganoffy yumminess. I usually serve it over rice, but egg noodles work well too. Although I've never tried it, I bet a big 'ol piece of Texas toast wouldn't be a bad option either. We just serve it with some steamed veggies to round out the meal.

If you're looking for a good slow cooker, I have the Hamilton Beach one below. It's got a locking lid and an option for just keeping the food warm. Plus, it comes with a serving spoon to replace the one that just melted in the dishwasher... oops! ;-)



What's your go-to recipe when you're craving an easy comfort food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a blogger too? Here are some of the commission programs I use:

Logical Media